In may 2012, I finally took a trip I had been dreaming for years and discovered the Big Apple! New York is a confusing city, far from what you've seen on movies and series. I loved it and I hated it. Once I was there, I wanted to go home and when I came back, all I could think about was how to return! And it was a new and strange feeling!
So I asked myself, if you had the opportunity, would you live and work there?
So here is 5 things why the answer could be a yes:
- You could live in a cool hipster's neighborough! My favourites are Williamsburg and DUMBO in Brooklyn, East Village and Meatpacking in Manhattan.
- You could attend awesome conferences about design and creativity, such as the brillant 99U.
- Your life could be an eternal Instagram: just buy a MacBook and work in a Starbuck all day long! ;)
- You could taste the Brooklyn lager beer brewed on the spot. I love it!
- But most of all, you could live in the city where all cultures, languages, styles and moods are mixed together to embrace creativity!
Hum... So why not trying there? Remember...
There's nothing you can't do now you're in New York! ;)
Photo: Chelsea Market, may 2012